The_Grimwitch_Chronicles

This is a chronicle of a young woman who has chronicled her life in notebooks she had made herself and suddenly discovered the availability of Blogs and how she could share a part of her secret self to the virtual community.

6:33 pm

Viz Gek

Posted by Leto of Blood

I was about to eat brunch with Uriel when I received a text message telling me that a special someone had passed away. It was my pet fish, Yin.

I named her Yin because I would always catch her staring at me from her fish bowl while I'm tapping away in my laptop. Yang (means Dark half of the circle. He has a mole on his side - probably a parasite), her bowlmate, would often swish the waters violently in an effort, I guess, to wet my laptop or maybe to get her attention. When I got them last Monday, I've been learning a lot about their quirks.

Yin would play with the aerator's bubble and would not shy away when I pet her head lightly. Yang would try to bite my finger (unsuccessfully, he has no teeth!) when I try to pet his head. Yin wants her food to be soaked and sinking in the water while Yang wants them big and floating. Yin likes to play with bubbles, like she's bursting them or breathing into them. Yang plays with bowl's pebbles, prodding them along with his head.
I enjoy watching them play in their bowl beside my desk, especially when there are no customers in the shop. I used to think that fish exist for human consumption - they have no emotions, no thoughts nor personalities. I guess I was wrong. I think, that despite the size of their brains, fish are aware of their selves and interact to their environment.

I feel sorry that Yin died that early. I read that gold fish can live up to 16 years old. I think I have yet to learn a lot in taking care of fish like Yang and Yin.

When I got to the store, I learned that my colleague flushed Yin in the toilet. I bought 2 more gold fish for Yang. They're Yeng ang Yong. How do I distinguish them? Simple. Yong has a bald spot on his head while Yeng has an angled tail. Quite pretty seeing them stare at me right now.

I think, I'm going to bring them home with me tonight. I don't want them to die here.

0 comments: